Texas State in Ireland
2022 Program Dates:
July 2nd - August 6th, 2022
Spend five weeks in Ireland, living in Cork, the historical heart of Ireland, and earn 6 hours of university credit.
During this year's amazing group excursions, we will . . .
- Hike through the enchanted mountains of Gougane Barra National Forest, concluding with refreshments at the famous Cronin's Pub with a breathtaking view of the lake and St. Finnbarre's Chapel.
- Take a boat ride in Kenmare Bay to view seals, dolphins, and other Atlantic wildlife.
- Swim on secluded Coumeenole Beach in the North Atlantic.
- Tour Dingle Peninsula, Europe's westernmost point and the location of 1,000-year-old ecclesiastical sites.
- Visit Bantry House, a 19th-century manor house.
- Tour the Rock of Cashel, a pre-medieval cathedral complex.
- Explore Cahir Castle, a 14th-century Norman-era castle.
Monday-Thursday: 8:30-12:30 class sessions at University College Cork. Our trips to Dingle and Cashel/Cahir replace class time on those days.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are reserved for students to engage in their own explorations of Cork, Ireland, and places further afield such as London, Paris, and Amsterdam.
In Cork City, you may wish to . . .
- Have high tea at 18th-century Hayfield Manor
- Visit the Cork City Museum to view ancient standing stones and the 7th-century Garryduff Gold Bird.
- At the local Ceili, learn traditional Irish dance steps from local Corkonian dancers, accompanied by live musicians.
- Join in the Cork Pride Parade during the week-long pride festival in July.
- Take a tour of the Victorian-era University College Cork campus where you will be attending class.
You can also travel to Dublin and the National Museum, sea kayak in Kinsale, bike in Killarney National Park, and tour seaside villages such as Cobh and Youghal.
Your trip includes paid excursions to Gougane Barra Forest, Cahir Castle, The Rock of Cashel, Bantry House, the Dingle Peninsula, and Kenmare Seafari. The program cost also includes payment for six hours of university credit and your housing at University Hall.
For more information, visit the Study Abroad's Texas State in Ireland page. Pre-application interviews are required: contact Steve Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
Steve Wilson, Director
TXState in Ireland
Department of English
Texas State University-San Marcos
Or email him at email@example.com