Texas State in Spain
Study Literature and Media Communication in Spain, June 2020!
This two-week program provides students the opportunity to be immersed in two of Spain’s and the world’s major cities – Barcelona and Madrid.
This dual-city study abroad program offers students the special opportunity to study Spanish literary and artistic tradition as well as international communication from mass media in a unique cultural environment. Spain, a nation that became part of the Roman Empire centuries ago, later grew into a powerful global colonial empire that lasted for years. The kingdom has an extraordinary heritage—from the arts and architecture—to music and lifestyle. The unique cultures of Madrid and Barcelona continue to thrive and mature because of the great impact caused by globalization, technology, geopolitics, and economics. By this, Spain offers students keen insights into the Spanish people and its international impact in media and communication.
Madrid and Barcelona reflect the best that Spain has to offer.
Click to enlarge thumbnails.
The national capital and Spain’s largest city, Madrid, is a modern metropolis located in the center of Spain, and it is also considered one of the largest cities in Europe. An important tourist destination for business and leisure, Madrid is a dynamic global destination.
Barcelona, the second-largest city in Spain and the self-proclaimed capital of the Catalunya region, is located on the Mediterranean Sea. The city is considered one of Europe’s best places for business and for beaches. Official languages are Spanish and Catalan. Barcelona is a fascinating mix of history and modernity, tradition and innovation, founded by Phoenicians and Carthaginians in the 3rd century.
- Junior, senior and graduate students will be given preference
- Undergraduate students with a 2.75+ overall GPA will be given preference over those with below a 2.75 overall GPA.
- Graduate Students with a 3.5+ overall GPA will be given preference over those with below a 3.5 overall GPA.
- Students who have not completed another study abroad program will be given preference over those that have already completed a study abroad program.
- On campus classes: June 5, 2020
- Departure from the USA: June 13, 2020
- First day of classes (abroad): June 14, 2020
- Last day of classes (abroad): June 25, 2020
- Departure from program: June 26, 2020
- ENG 3341 Studies in World Literature – Spanish Culture through Lit & Art
- ENG 3343 Interdisciplinary Approach to Lit – Hemingway in Spain
- ENG 5395 Problems in Language and Literature
- ENG 5332 Studies in American Prose – Hemingway in Spain
- MC 4303 International Advertising
- MC 4376F International Strategic Communication
- MC 5322 International Advertising and Public Relations Issues
$4,975 (Undergraduate) | $5,275 (Graduate)
· $200 non-refundable application fee
· $300 non-refundable program deposit
· Tuition and fees for 6 hours of university credit
· Hotel room and full breakfasts for duration abroad
· Some group lunches and dinners
· Scheduled visits and excursions
· Transportation to scheduled visits and excursions
· Pick up and return from airport to hotels
· AVE train ride between cities
· International insurance (health and travel assistance)
· Flamenco Show, Museums, Bull Fight Arena, Winery Tour, Bay Boat Tour
**International Airfare NOT included.**
Media Pro Agency
FC Barelona Futbol Museum & Stadium
Freixenet Winery Tour
Port Authority Office & Bay Tour
La Sagrada Familia Cathedral
Hospital Sau Pao UNESCO World Heritage Site
El Corte Ingles International Department Store
Turespana National Tourism Headquarters
Las Ventas Bull Fight Museum & Arena
Casapatas Flamenco Show
Reina Sofia Museum of Modern Art
El Prado Museum of Art
Dr. Edna Rehbein | Email: email@example.com
Dr. Judy Oskam | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org